NMEA Day of Percussion 2019
NMEA ALL COUNTY
DAY OF PERCUSSION
Nominations are Now OPEN!!!
To Download flyer, click here.
2019 Day of PercussionRegistration is Open!!!
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
This year’s Nassau County Music Educators Association (NMEA) Day of Percussion will be held on April 12, 2019 at Seaford High School, NY. The day will consist of masterclasses by Thom Hannum and the UMASS Marimba Band along with Noel Brennan on Turntables and Drumset. There will also be a performance by the NMEA All-County Percussion Ensemble consisting of finest percussionists in Nassau County. The evening will conclude with a “World Music Drumming Culmination”, where everyone in attendance can bring a hand drum to perform. Door prizes will be raffled off during this event by some of the top companies in world of percussion. For more information contact:Anthony Romeo (email@example.com) or Andrew Dwork (firstname.lastname@example.org),or go to the NMEA website www.nassaumusic.org.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR: WE WILL HAVE A MIDDLE SCHOOL ENSEMBLE WITH STUDENTS FROM GRADES 7-8.
This is an outstanding event for all of your students, percussionists or not.
2019 All County Percussion Ensemble Info
NMEA All-County Ensemble is the auditioned group that performs at the NMEA Day of Percussion. Middle School students grades 7 & 8 (a Junior Ensemble has been newly added for this year), and High school students need to be RECOMMENDED for an AUDITION, and then pass the AUDITION to be selected for this group.
Nomination forms for the 2019 All-County Day of Percussion Ensemble will open December 1st and available at www.nmeaac.org (click on the “Registration” button, and then on the “All-County Percussion Ensemble” form.) This is only for students grades 7-12 interested in auditioning for the All-County Ensembles. The Nomination page will be open until Tuesday, January 25th.
All-County Ensemble Audition Requirements
- Applicants must be able to attend all rehearsals and stay for the duration. Failure to attend any portion of any rehearsal will result in the student being removed from the ensemble.
- Applicants must come in with a prepared solo on snare, mallets or timpani selected from an appropriate level (level 3-4 for Junior Group and level 5 or 6 for Senior Group) from the NYSSMA manual. They can perform a solo on the instrument of their choice; mallet, snare drum, multi-percussion or timpani.
- Any player who does not satisfactorily learn the music will not be permitted to participate in the All-County Ensemble.
- Participants must be in grades 7-12.
- Please review rehearsal schedule below with your student prior to committing to an audition time.
Timeline for auditioned ensemble:
December 1, 2018 – Nominations will open
January 22, 2019 – Nomination Deadline
January 23, 2019 – Selected for an audition time
January 30, 2019 – NMEA All-County Percussion Ensemble Auditions at Seaford HS – starting at 3:00pm
February 8, 2019 – Selections will be made by (music emailed out shortly after that)
2019 All-County Percussion Ensemble Required Rehearsals:
Wednesday, March 27 – 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Tuesday, April 2 – 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday, April 11 – 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday, April 12 – 4:00pm – 9:00pm (Day of Percussion)